Message from the President of Rotary International
VISION AND GOALS FOR ROTARY
My vision is to have Rotary as the most recognized service organization in the world.
Rotary’s priority should continue to be End Polio Now. I envision Rotary to get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for our work in polio, peace programs and areas of focus. I would lead Rotary to a new horizon in the ever changing scenario of global community.
As a strong proponent of the Strategic Plan. I would encourage:
• Action Plans to percolate down to the club level
• reinforcement of core values of Rotary in members while inspiring them.
• district governors to ensure member engagement at clubs through impactful projects and fellowship under their leadership
Membership is at the heart of our organization. I would prioritize:
• focus on regional plans, respecting the diverse culture and ethos
• adopting successful models of transition of Rotaractors into Rotary
• increase female membership even as we focus on other diversity
• ensuring 5% net growth year on year
We need to make Rotary more contemporary and adaptable by:
• emphasizing on partnerships with governments and corporations
• expanding our reach by partnering with specialized organizations in areas of focus
• investing in technology
I see Rotary to extend in new geographical areas and countries.
I will work with the Board, TRF, General Secretary and staff for growth of One Rotary. I will focus on reducing expenses wherever possible. I would like to lead the board through consensus and encourage board members to set goals. We have to be accountable to the trust, Rotarians have reposed in us by electing us.
On a personal note, I would lead by example, be a reason to inspire others and my actions will be totally in sync with Rotary’s motto – Service Above Self.
Rotary International Year 2021-2022